Effective today, April 24, 2013, the following fee changes went into effect for Amazon Marketplace sellers:
- Variable Closing Fees for Music, Videos, and DVDs increased from $.80 to $1.35
- Shipping Credits for Music, Videos, and DVDs increased from $2.98 to $3.99 for Domestic Standard shipping, and from $5.19 to $6.19 for Domestic Expedited shipping
Our Amazon Fee Calculator has been updated with the current rates. For more information on their fees, see Amazon’s pages on Fees and Pricing and Shipping Rates and Credits.
eBay’s 2013 Spring Seller Update can be split in two parts:
- Fee changes for non-eBay Stores subscribers effective April 16, 2013.
- Fee changes for eBay Stores subscribers effective May 1, 2013.
Our eBay Fee Calculators have been updated to reflect the changes now in effect for non-eBay Stores subscribers, To summarize:
- Fixed price listings with no insertion fee can now be chosen from among the available listing formats in the calculators.
- The scheduled listing upgrade is now free for non-eBay Stores subscribers (former price of the upgrade was 10¢).
- Auction-style listings incur a 10% final value fee on the total amount of the sale (formerly 9%). The maximum final value fee for Auction-style listings remains $250.
- Fixed price listings incur a 10% final value fee on the total amount of the sale (formerly tiered based on total sale amount). The maximum final value fee for Fixed price listings is now $250 (formerly no maximum that we’re aware of).
- Insertion fee for Auction-style listings is now 30¢ instead of a tiered structure based on starting or reserve price.
- Insertion fee for Fixed price listings is now 30¢ instead of 50¢, One exception is the insertion fee for items in the Books, DVDs & Movies, Music & Video Games category, which is now 5¢ instead of 50¢.
- Buy It Now is free for Auction-style listings for non-eBay Stores subscribers (formerly tiered based on starting or reserve price).
eBay has posted the updates to their standard fees page as well.
We plan to release on May 1, 2013 the calculator updates to support the changes that take effect for eBay Stores subscribers. Please let us know in the comments if there’s anything we missed.
Fees before April 16, 2013.
Fees effective April 16, 2013.
We’re pleased to announce that we’ve doubled the number of countries and regions supported in the PayPal Fee Calculator. In addition to the locations listed previously, we’ve added support for:
We added these locations because we’ve received a fair amount of visits from them, according to our traffic data. If there’s any other country or region you would like for us to add specifically (and where PayPal is offered), let us know in the comments.
Here are direct links to PayPal’s fees pages for the locations we’ve added:
Another update to the PayPal Fee Calculator is the ability to use a custom fee rate, just in case the predefined rates are insufficient. Simply click on the “edit” link next to the fee rate selector to set a custom fee rate.
Click the edit link to set a custom fee rate.
Enter a custom fee rate in the input boxes.
Lastly, we checked our listed fee rates and made sure they’re all still current with PayPal’s pages. That sums it up for this round of PayPal Fee Calculator updates.